- Tarantulas don’t often survive falls. So, I guess the one we threw out the window last night is now dead.
- That I feel terribly guilty for potentially causing the early death of yet another ankaboot (Arabic for big spider).
- There is no way to walk around Beirut and not look like a famous person trying to avoid the paps.
- I am sadly not a famous person trying to avoid the paps.
- That I am gullible. Not only did I fall for a story about shisha lounges on Emirates flights last week, courtesy of Pan Arabia Enquirer, but yesterday it was the launch of canine special seating on Virgin America flights. I should have seen a red flag when it was quoted that the idea was the brainchild of the airline’s Official Pet Liaison Boo, ‘The World’s Cutest Dog.’
Something I’m still learning
- That trying to find out the most expensive piece of art sold by a living artist at auction is tiring when you’re sleepy. ‘False Start’ by Jasper Johns, $80million in 2006. Or Gerhard Richter’s ‘Abstraktes Bild (809-4)’ - anyone know?